Monday, October 28, 2013

Renaissance Witch on her Journey, Oh My!


This Dreamy Halloween Lady
is cut from the A Child's Year Cartridge.  I was looking for a bit more Renaissance and less spooky feel for this card.  To achieve that effect, I altered the "witch" by removing the broom and making her hat more of a Renaissance type than a witch type.  (I love welding and  altering shapes from the cartridges!)  She is cut from CTMH black cardstock.

All other cardstock and paper is from the Dream Pop package. The orange patterned strip was inked around the edges with Bubblegum Pink.

I have lots of tulle left over from Katie's recent wedding; so I colored some of it, along with some white satin ribbon, with my orange stamp pad.  I used the orange tulle to embellish with some pink and orange embroidery floss.  The little pink gems are from CTMH.  The pink ribbon with the white swirl pattern was in my 'bag-o-ribbons';  I'm not sure where I got it.

When the card was finished, it had a different look than I had at first envisioned.  But then again, most of my creations do.  I seem to take twists and turns as I'm going along.  I guess it's because many times life is about the journey and not the end result.  Since art imitates life, and vise versa, I guess that makes sense!

I'm excited to give this to my favorite little lady on her big Trick or Treat Night when I'm sure she'll have an adventurous journey, but first it's going off to Bitten by the Bug 2 for the Trick or Treat Halloween Challenge!

Check out KatiesCorner and treat yourself to some new CTMH goodies!  Some great deals at CTMH now!

9 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty , I love the image and the colors !! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 !!! Hope you join us again !

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the tulle skirt on your Halloween lady. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Katrina! Love the skirt and hat. The papers are really pretty. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Trick or Treat' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of using the tulle for her hat and skirt!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love how you used tulle - never would have thought of that! Super cute!!! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2 this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you altered this image, it is so colorful and festive! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the nice comments! It was a really fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how you altered it-so creative and cool! The tulle looks so pretty and fun!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete