Sunday, December 1, 2013

Did Someone Say Sparkle?

I think snow has the most amazing sparkle when the sun or moon hits it!  I love that look. So when I saw the Christmas Card Challenge over at BBTB2 and the Sparkle and Bling Challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog I was inspired to make this snowman card.

I started with a stair step card.  I found dimensions on Youtube a while back and wrote them down.  I tweaked them a little for this card to fit the snowmen from the CTMH Flakey Friends stamp set.  The sentiment "Snow much fun!" and "snowflakes are kisses sent from heaven" are both from the same stamp set.  Sentiments are stamped in CTMH Twilight.

The swirly pattern on the background of the "Snow much fun" and the sign is from CTMH The Happy Couple stamp set.  I used the cake bottom and stamped it in 2nd generation CTMH Crystal Blue.  All of the paper is from the CTMH Frosted Pack.

The snowflakes are cut from the CTMH Artiste Cartridge.  Frosty Kisses is from the Winter Woodland Cartridge.  The sign and little patch of snow is from Walk in My Garden Cartridge.

After cutting the flakes, snow and the letters, I sprayed them with spray adhesive and sprinkled them with glitter.

I felt the card needed a little red on the near side to off set the red on the scarf of the little fellow on the right.  I found the fleece rick-rack ribbon in my bag o' ribbon and thought it added the right feel.  Who doesn't want fleece when they are out playing in the snow?

I finished it off with a CTMH opaque snowball ~ I mean pearl!  ; )

Check out Katiescorner to add some Sparkle and Shine to your holiday decor!






5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Katrina!! I so love these snowmen and the pretty snowflakes. The papers you used are great. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Christmas Card' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet. Love the snowman and cute saying. Thansk for playing with FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the step card and all the sparkle. Thank you for joining us this week at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is awesomely cool! Love everything about it-super cute! Thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge this week!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondeful card. Love all the details and the design. Thanks for joining our challenge at FCCb. Kim

    ReplyDelete