Saturday, January 18, 2014

C T M H Valentine

Crazy
Technique using
Metallic pens and a
Heart!

My mother-in-law gave me a Cri-Kit Pen Set for Christmas!  Yay!  The CTMH challenge over at Heart 2 Heart gave me the perfect opportunity to play with my new toys!

My idea was to do a valentine with the letters ctmh in the sentiment.  Finally, I decided on a word search.  I love creating word searches and have done several for the 4-H Hippology Team.  My husband and I coached the team for 4 years ........ great fun, lots of road trips, laughter, tears, and trips to Steak-n-Shake learning words like equine protozoal myeloencephalitis and coprophagy!

Anyway, I have digressed, but you have come to expect that, right?

Where was I?  Oh yeah, word searches.  I created this word search in CCR.  I started by using the heart cut from CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  I chose another layer and typed in the letters line by line adjusting them to fit the heart. The font is also from Art Philosophy.   I left the letters right on the heart.  I copied the heart and sized the second heart larger.  Then I inserted the pen into the machine and it drew in all of the letters.

I left the mat in the machine.  I then exchanged the pen for the cutting blade.  Once that was accomplished, I went to the heart layer and cut my two hearts; one cut from pink, one from the Chantilly paper.

I distressed with Blush ink and went around the edge of the Chantilly heart with Cranberry Pigment ink.  I colored in the letters with a gel pen and popped the final layer off the card with 3-D foam.

The card base is Hollyhock.  The background is Daisy White embossed with the M-bossability Hearts folder. The card is embellished with a little Cranberry colored embroidery floss to look like twine wrapping it all together.

There are two pictures because I've been playing with my new light box I got for Christmas from my guy!  (He always gets me cool horse and crafting stuff for holidays; he's a keeper!)  I have a lot to learn about photography, lighting, use of backgrounds, etc.

Oh, I almost forgot, ctmh is in my puzzle!  I'm sure you saw it right away; it's in a square pattern and not a traditional line!

This little Valentine is also going over to Curtain Call Challenge where the challenge is Love Letter.  I thought this would be perfect since letters are the star of this card!  The packages inspired the twine look in my card.


4 comments:

  1. Very cute and very creative card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Katrina. Love how you high-lighted the letters to spell the word. The dry-embossed background looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun shabby chic look of these hearts. Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to learn to use my cricut pens. Thanks for the inspiration to do so. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H weekly challenges.
    Sandra V. at H2H Scrapbook Challenges.

    ReplyDelete