Saturday, January 18, 2014

Love Sets Us Free


This card was inspired by the Color My Heart Challenge.   If you are looking for a place to be inspired, share projects, and get some wonderful feedback come on over!

Cranberry, Sunset, Honey, Juniper, and Smokey Plum are the theme for this card!  All cardstock and inks are from CTMH.

The bicycle is cut from Heritage.  All balloons are from A Child's Year; the heart is two balloons welded together in CCR.

The stamp set is CTMH Whooo's Your Valentine?.  I stamped the Honey balloon with Sunset; the Smokey Plum is tone on tone stamping.  After stamping the Cranberry heart balloon with Honey ink, I sparkled it with some fine glitter.  If you look closely you can see the xoxo pattern in the balloon.  I used the xoxo stamp to give the basket some texture.

I used the M-Bossabilities folder Hearts for the Daisy White background.  The card is on Cranberry cardstock.

The inside is stamped with the same stamp set in Sunset, Cranberry Pigment, and Honey.  The sentiment is in Smokey Plum.

This is sort of a 'subtle' valentine.  My son thinks it looks more like a spring card.  I can see that with the little flowers on the basket of the bicycle.  I'm not sure what brand those are.  They got dumped into an embroidery floss caddy and the package is looong gone!

I will digress on purpose now; I just received my January package from CTMH!  I ordered the Cloud Nine card package ~~  I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who wants to try card making, but isn't quite sure how to start.    This kit, plus one or two ink pads, plus adhesive equals finished cards!  I'm glad I bought two of them because I'm gifting one to someone who is new to this craft!

I really like the papers in this and LOVE the embellishments -- especially the glitter trim!

I also picked up some of the retiring papers-Chantilly for one.  I fell in love with that pattern and used most of it for a doll house/gift box I made at Christmas time.  In the "While Supplies Last" section I picked up lots of goodies.  I do lots of western/horse theme crafting over here, so I picked up the pewter badges; they are going to be great for conchos!  The Brocade assortment -- oh, my, these are really lovely!  I'm seeing a mother's day craft coming out of this......maybe a shadow box of some kind.  Hmmm......check out Katiescorner.ctmh.com to pick up any last minute goodies.  You have until the end of the month to take advantage of the great deals.

Of course, then the new catalog comes out!

5 comments:

  1. How adorable. I love how you gave each balloon it's own personality. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week. We always look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and use of the colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Katrina. Love the bicycle and those colorful balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Katrina! You thought about all the little details too -- the embossing on the white background, the pattern on the bicycle basket, the pattern on the inside. Nicely done! Thanks for taking this week's Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Katrina. I love that embossing. And those little flower gems are adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete