Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Snowman Family Reunion!

No contests or blog challenges for these guys.  They were inspired by cards I saw on the Heart 2 Heart Challenge last week.

 Remember to check out KatiesCorner for the incredible January deal on the Cloud Nine Cards!  It's a great month to pick up the retiring items before the new catalog comes out in February!  Can't wait to see what is in there!!!



This card's base is Colonial White stamped in Sky, Crystal Blue, and 2nd generation Twilight using the snow from Flakey Friends stamp set.  All snowmen are from Flakey Friends, also.  I colored them all with CTMH markers and gel pens.  All cardstock from CTMH.  Little blue gems are leftovers from Katie's wedding!  The Thank you sentiment is an old one I had in my stamps; I think I picked it up at a craft store.


This handsome fellow is backed with CTMH Frosted.  He is wearing a red scarf made from felt rick-rack ribbon.  I stamped the image twice and cut the head and body separately on one of the images.  I glued the scarf down on the first image and then added the head and body on 3 D tape so his nose would stick off over the scarf.  This sentiment is from a CTMH Bundle.  Snow flake was cut from Artbooking and the border from Art Philosophy.  The stamped border was in the same set as the 'thank you' in card #1.  All the rest is same as snowman #1.

This one is full of fun and color!  This purple cardstock was in the drawer of scraps.  Everything else is CTMH.  The ribbon is Color Ready seam binding and the gems are from the Opaque collection.
This might be my favorite one!  He has sort of a rustic look about him with his browns and beiges.  Again, I used all CTMH except the sentiment and ribbon/twine.  The background paper is Clementine (retired).  I loved the little tan sparkle gems.  I used 3-D tape to pop the sentiment.

This one is very bright!  I used a Cuttlebug circle folder on the background.  The blue cardstock is from DCWV Butterflies and Blossoms.  The blue embroidery floss was in my stash.  Everything else has been described in the other snowmen!  Opaque pearls adorn this card.

 Last, but not least, is the florescent one!  The pink gel pen really pops in his scarf!  The little tag, cut from Art Philosophy and cut in half, is stamped with the snowflakes as in the first card; however, I added a few little Blush flakes!  The eyelet is from JoAnn's.  He is popped off with 3-D tape.  Three colors make up the bow tied to the tag.  They coordinate with this guy's fashionable scarf!  Card is from DreamPop.

The 'cool' thing about this set is no 12 x 12 sheets were cut!  Everything was basically laying on my table from past projects!  I did have to search out the purple and pink cardstock from the drawers, but everything else was literally laying there in front of me!  Hmmm.....  What does that say about me?

I need to clean!



3 comments:

  1. This is a gem of a blog post. So many cute little cards! I love how they all work together and yet each one is special. I am having a hard time picking one I like the most. Thank you for the inspiration! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete