Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Valentine is one of a kind!


By now you all know about Katie and how she got married last June to a great guy and all of that.  You also have heard a little bit (haha) about the beautiful little girl that came in that package deal!  Anyway, this is the valentine I made for her.  I was going to use the new Unicorn stamp set, but then I saw this and came up with this idea.  In case you missed any of the posts with her picture, she has red hair.  So, I thought a red fox would be perfect for her valentine!

This card is all about theWild About Love stamp set.  Funny thing is, I didn't see myself using this set.  But I always take advantage of the stamp of the month from CTMH.  I opened the box, saw this little one and fell in love!  How cute is this little fox?

I started with Daisy White CS and stamped the fox background in Chocolate.  On another piece of white I stamped the main fox in Autumn Terra Cotta and Barn Red inks.  This gave me a really great color for the fox!  Then I went into CCR and cut the heart flowers and border from the Artbooking Cartridge.  I also cut some little hearts in various sizes.  Blush and Ruby were the color for cutting.

I used the CTMH Universal Backgrounds stamp to stamp the Saddle brown cardstock to come up with a sort of tree-like border with the hearts.  I stamped the hearts with little hearts from the Whooo's Your Valentine stamp set.  The flowering hearts are stamped in Ruby with a stamp from the Wild About Love set.  

This fox has picked a valentine flower and it has a tiny heart dipped in liquid glass in the middle of it.  That made a little jewel of sorts!  A few other hearts are scattered about.  The bow is made from the Color Ready Seam Binding.  


I wrote the sentiment using a Cri-Kits glitter pen.  The font is from Artbooking.  I made it extra large for a beginner reader!  :)  The inside of the card is cut from Art Philosophy.  I stamped the top border with the Whooo's Your Valentine stamp and colored in the open hearts with a gel pen.

What do you know?  One of those little foxes made his way into the card!  They are tricky little guys!

Wild About Love stamp set is available until the end of the month!  Check out Katiescorner for  all the great promotions from CTMH this month!

This little fox is taking her heart flower over to Hearts Galore Challenge at Heart 2 Heart,  the I Heart You Challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge and the Valentine Challenge at Exploring Cricut.

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable card Katrina i am sure your little Valentine will be happy to receive it! Thank you for sharing with us at Exploring cricut's Valentine's challenge.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love that you used Cri-cuts pens for the inside sentiment-great idea! Thanks for joining our challenges at Exploring Cricut and FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Valentine!!!! Love how you used the Cri-cuts pens for the sentiment. And the fox and bg paper are fabulous! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Valentine' challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! "_

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and I know she will love it! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute fox stamp! I'm sure this valentine will be treasured :) Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when cards have interesting stories. Great stamping. The die cuts are perfect. Thanks for joining Exploring Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and fun card, I love that little fox! Thanks for playing along at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, I love that sweet little fox! Thanks for joining FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute card Katrina -- love all the details you used to make this card so special :) Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    Lucy - DT
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!
    Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week for our Hearts Challenge.
    Anita
    DT FCCB

    ReplyDelete