Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pawprint on my Heart


It's been quite a week for my friend.  Her kids have been really sick and yesterday she lost her long time canine companion to cancer.  Poor girl; she's now dealing with sad, sick kids and her own grief of losing her dog she's had for many years. 

You all know what that means; I had to create a card for her.  This card needed to show sympathy, but be uplifting at the same time.  It needed to convey love and understanding, but not bring her to tears.  Hmmm............ think, think, think some more.   I took off with Chalk It Up papers and here's where we landed.

My colors - Lagoon, Sorbet, and Flaxen- were inspired by the Color My Heart color challenge.  I felt good with these colors since they didn't come off really bright, but they were still cheery.  The cut is from Cricut Four Legged Friends.  I thought about a sentiment and then I remembered the stamp 'You left an imprint on my heart' from the Skylark WOG.  The border is from Scandinavian Wishes (2013 SOM).  I tied it all up with some Baker's Twine.

The inside is stamped with 'big HUG' from CTMH Big Hug stamp set.

Well, what do you think?  Did I meet my goals?  My son loved it; my husband just looked at it and said "nice" with a questioning look on his face.  Hmm....... what did that mean?  Ends up he had forgotten her dog died yesterday.  Oh, my.............  

This beautiful paper is available from KatiesCorner!  






4 comments:

  1. Such a sad thing, but you made a beautiful card to cheer up your friend. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, Katrina! And I bet your friend loved it! You are so thoughtful! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to add the paw print. I'm sure your friend will appreciate both the fact that you remembered her with a card and that you tailored it to her. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Color My Heart again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, Katrina! I'm sure your friend will really appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete