Thursday, October 2, 2014

Halloween Fun at Exploring Cricut!


Fall is in the air, costumes are out in the stores, pumpkins and mums are decorating entryways; it must be time for Halloween!  It's definitely time to prepare, anyway!  Over at Exploring Cricut there are lots of great projects to inspire us for the holiday!

Today I have the privilege of sharing a card cut from the recently released CTMH cartridge Artfully Sent.  This new cartridge is chalked full of great card ideas as well as clever cuts for art journaling, scrapping, decorating, teaching aids, etc.  I really am enjoying this new cartridge and excited to try some of the 3-D interactive cards.  

I started with CS from CTMH Scaredy Cat Paper Pack.  The sentiment shape and its background are from Art Philosophy.  The sentiment was written using the Cricut Explore and the Cricut Alphabet.  I colored the letters in with a CTMH Gypsy marker.  I finished it off with CTMH glitter tape, a bow, and the left over ghosts cut from Artfully sent.  (You'll see how they were left over in the picture below.)  I did darken the ghosts with a little Gypsy ink.

At this point you might be thinking, 'Ok, nice, but where's all the fun?'

It's on the INSIDE!  



Isn't this a fun cut?  I love the way the mansion and fence stand out in front of the tree and the ghosts are coming out from behind!  I shot this pic using lights to try to emphasize the shadows to show the 3-D effect.  I hope you can see it.

I added a little bit to the original cut.  When this cuts, the ghosts and moon cut out of the background.  The tree is connected to the tombstones and the mansion is connected to the fence.  So, when I cut it, I cut the tree from Slate and Whisper CS.  I cut the mansion from Black and Sunset.  Then I cut away the tombstone from the Slate gray and the fence from the Sunset orange.  The pieces were then layered and glued into place.

I stuck a piece of leftover photo paper behind the Thistle CS so the ghosts would be white.  The moon is slightly yellow because I inked part of the photo paper in the corner.

The stars were done with texture paste mixed with a drop of Honey re-inker.  I used a star stencil cut from stars in the Art Philosophy cartridge.

It is going to be great fun to explore this cartridge further.......lots of fun to be had here!  Speaking of fun, keep checking out the fun at Exploring Cricut.  I can't wait to see all the Halloween fun!


1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous Katrina!! Love the surprise on the inside!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete