Friday, December 4, 2015

Victorian Snowman



I wanted to do a very frosty card with a Victorian Flair to it, so I decided to combine some jewelry with this cute little snowman carrying his gifts and cocoa.  

The image is from CTMH Christmas Post.  I stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto watercolor paper and then heat embossed with clear powder.  I then used a few different mediums to color him including:  CTMH watercolors, CTMH water color pencils, and gel pens.  

I sponged in some Sky background.  My shape is from the Artistry Cartridge.  

I filled the shaker with white glitter, beads and white sequins.  The frame is cut from White Pines.  

This beautiful card base is from the Artfully Sent Cartridge....which just happens to be included in the CTMH Cyber Sale....along with that cute snowflake charm!  If you are interested, be quick!  That sale ends tonight!

Anyway, I added the CTMH shimmer trim colored with Sky ink, the blue bow from stash along with the jewels!

So, there it is..my Victorian Snowman Shaker Card!  He is off to:

The Card Concept: See Inspiration to the right
Ok, now for the decision is it Shabby Chic or Mixed Media?  
Yikes, I can never decide!  I'll go with Shabby Chic.  
Jingle Belles Rock:  Christmas Card
Heart 2 Heart:  'Tis the Season:  Holiday Expressions
Christmas Card Challenges:  Anything Goes
TTCRD:  Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create:  Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope your holiday preparations are going well and you have a wonderful day.  

As always, please feel free to leave a comment/tutorial request, ask questions, contact me through e-mail, peruse other posts/pages.  Make yourself at home!


6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Katrina! This is soooo PRETTY! LOVE the charms... Beautiful Card!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that frame and embellishing for this beautiful snowman .Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina, this is beautiful!!!
    Nice to see you at The Card Concept!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful! Love the snowflake cutouts and that adorable snowman! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very pretty! Love the snowflakes punched out, what a great effect! The image is colored so beautifully, just soft enough to work with the all white background. Truly lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card with perfect elements! Nice job! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete