Monday, March 7, 2016

Beauty



Time for another Path of Positivity Post!  Our theme this month is beauty.

Beauty……well how many directions could we go with this theme?  Ok, come with me on a rambling journey as I ponder this.

Let's see……there are "beaucoup" sayings:  Beauty is only skin deep.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  True beauty comes from within.  We could go on and on!  We could explore the true meaning of beauty.  Is it about our looks, actions, faith, attitude?  I might even choose to leave the human aspect and venture into nature, animals, the cosmos, etc.   Wow, so many options here!

I fell in love with this image from Sami Stamps and thought it was beautiful!  The beauty theme inspired me to choose this image and that in turn reminded me of these preciousl pictures I had not scrapped from my daughter's 2013 wedding.  


It seems weddings can be viewed with such cynicism these days, but this truly was a beautiful day.  It wasn't about the dresses, flowers or cake ~ although they were all lovely ~ but it really was about the beauty of two families coming together and celebrating the formation of a new family!  It was truly a beautiful day for me; I was blessed with a new son and the bonus of my first grand-girl (that sweet little red-head in the pic)!  No, it may not have been the way I had always envisioned my daughter's life, but the beauty far exceeded what I would have planned for her.  

……and possibly there it is……beauty isn't something we plan.  True beauty comes when we keep our hearts open to the unexpected.  

Thanks for going down that path with me!  It meandered; but I'm sure if you follow my Path of Positivity posts, you expected that!  ; )

Now it's time for you to venture down your own path and share with us what comes to your mind/heart when you contemplate beauty.  This month we had the joy of working with images from Sami Stamps and Luna Girls.  They are offering prizes along with Creative Bug Digital Snapshots and Desosse's Dynamite Doodles.  Be sure to visit PoP to see all the stunning DT inspiration and learn the many ways you can win these fabulous prizes!

Material List
Image:  My Sister's a Princess from Sami Stamps
CTMH Watercolor Pencils
Die Cut:  beautiful 
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH White Daisy, typing paper
Embellishments:  Prima Flowers, CTMH Mini Sparkles, Bo Bunny Double Dot Gems, Fairest of Them All Mirror from Fairy Tales, CTMH Shimmer Tape
Stash Items Left Over from Wedding:  Tulle, Ribbon, Silver Twist Tie, Blue Crystals (yes, I still have this stuff laying around the craft room!)

This layout is off to the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create:  AG with Optional twist All that Glitters
Outlawz: Festive Fridays Challenge:  Old Stuff Day (I used "stuff" left over from the 2013 wedding)
Crafting from the Heart:  Anything Goes

I'm so happy you came by today to visit!  Feel free to leave me a question/message, peruse other posts/pages, or contact me.  Hope it's a beautiful day for you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy!! Thank you for creating with Sami Stamps images. I love your scrapbook page! If you haven't already joined us at FB Sami Stamps group, i would love to invite you! Here is our FB link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/

    I am showcasing your scrapbook page on our Sami Stamps Facebook page!

    Bonnie- Sami Stamps DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete